Helpful Hobbies!

 Helpful Hobbies

- Stuti Viral Dave

Oh! Sorry I'm late. I was attending my peaceful yoga classes, and they were perfect for relaxing after that long, hard game of badminton. After this, I'm heading to the library for a quiet reading moment, and then (attempting to) paint the gorgeous sunset outside! Finally, for dinner, I'm going to help my mum cook parathaas, cut vegetables, assist my dad while he tries his very best to watch a tutorial and make a Bombay Toast Sandwich, and prepare delicious- and healthy- potato wedges, myself! 


Photo by Ashwini Chaudhary(Monty) on Unsplash

"Why do I do so much?" you ask? Well, because they're all my hobbies and they benefit me so much in their own ways! Exercising and doing sports release endorphins; relaxing activities like yoga help release serotonin; spending time with your family and friends releases oxytocin; performing fun tasks like cooking or painting releases dopamine- the list goes on!


Photo by Count Chris on Unsplash

Overall, hobbies really do lift your mood and destress you- everything a student needs! With the constant juggle between school, homework, studying, family, and friends, sometimes you can feel lost. I know that for sure because I've felt that way, too... Managing time feels hard- but that's mainly only because of excess screen time that wasn't even needed in the first place! Hobbies can send you on the right path.


Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash

When you have something interesting to focus on, your brain gets a chance to declutter; stop worrying and start just enjoying whatever it's working on right now. You look at a screen for a way shorter time when you've got a hobby. Think of it like this: you don't have anything to do, so you feel bored and use your laptop for more time than what was intended- now you've wasted too much of your life and are falling behind on your real work. If you have options of what to do when you have nothing to do, you can use your free time wisely and in a fun way! You even get to learn new things along the way! And hey- it looks good on your college resume, too!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fast Fashion Facade!

ChatGPT + Environment = Not a good combo!

What's With Water?